Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday morning conundrum



I'm about to start another project...but the question is, "How do I go about getting this one underway?" I want to make a shirt with puffed, capped sleeves, a scoop neck, and I want to use the flower buttons I bought yesterday! So that means, in the process of making this shirt, I need to teach myself how to do the following: making a neckline that will come out even, make ruffles and cuffs, sew buttonholes, and measure everything so it comes out straight! I'm looking forward to getting started, but with a little bit of trepidation. (Maybe I should just spend the afternoon working on the recipe book --shhh!--I'm making for my brother and sister-in-law for their anniversary/Christmas...hmmm...but then again, maybe I'll do that on Thursday!

So, anyway, I bought this really cute English lace yesterday in Nippori (the BEST place to buy fabric in Tokyo!) The man who owns the store I got it at really seems to like me, probably for my clumsy deluge of Japanese, and my enthusiasm about his cute cotton prints, so I always land up going back there again and again... Next time, I want to go back wearing the shirt I made with his fabric, so there's my motivation! (The fabric is shown here hanging out to dry, with my kind of sad looking pineapple sage.)

So I'm off to study patterns. (I don't know what I'd do without Burdastyle!) I'm going to go off their J.J. blouse, using the pattern for the sleeves, but I'll go the rest alone. Looking forward to getting out my measuring tape, so here I go!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are so much into your project!!
    It is wonderful to have something which entertains and motivates you :-D

    And I love that fabric you bought.
    Sweet, but not too sweet, clean, and looks comfy.
    I will be looking forward to see the outcome ;-)

    ReplyDelete